[OpenLayers-Users] Cluster and Scales map options

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Oct 31 05:02:55 EDT 2008

Le Thursday 30 October 2008 19:09:25 Tim Schaub, vous avez écrit :
> Hey-
>
> Eric Lemoine wrote:
> > Yves, do you mean the cluster strategy doesn't work when a scales or
> > resolutions array is passed in the map options. If so it shouldn't be
> > difficult to modify the strategy cluster example and thereby provide a
> > good test case for this issue. Cheers, Eric
>
> There is no reason why this should be the case.
>
> The cluster strategy registers for "zoomend" and checks
> layer.getResolution().  Neither should depend on how you configure your
> map/layer (assuming proper configuration).
>
> I'm also interested to hear more detail if you think this is a problem
> with the cluster strategy.
>
> Tim
>
> > 2008/10/29, Jacolin Yves <yjacolin at free.fr>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Working on polygon clustering I tested it on a special page in local,
> >> after replicating my changes to my dev of my application, cluster
> >> behaviour was not
> >> the same in my dev application.
> >>
> >> Indeed, some clustered point have to be removed and the real point have
> >> to be
> >> displayed, but this is not working. I find that the only difference
> >> between my test and my dev code was the definition of custom scale (I am
> >> using Tilecache). So I removed it and the cluster strategy works well.
> >>
> >> What do I have to change in my dev application in order to use Tilecache
> >> (and
> >> keep the scale custom definition) and cluster strategy?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Y.

Eric, Tim,

I meant the cluster strategy doesn't work when a scales array is passed in the
map options in **my** application. I don't know if it comes from OL. I have a
public test html:
1- http://softlibre.free.fr/ol/test.html : no scale in Map options
2- http://softlibre.free.fr/ol/test_scales.html : just a scale options added

Y.