[OpenLayers-Users] How to add many(>400) markers to the map?

willson talentp1982 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Apr 14 05:54:10 EDT 2009

Hi,
try to search mailing list for strategies, performance. I have the same problem not solved yet. It looks I will have to render at server site.

Michal

Hi everyone, this is the first post on this forum. I have search the problem on the forum, but find no anwser.
What I need to solve is:  I have more than 400 points need to show on the map, these points query my db every 10 secs, and change their color according to the return value.
I use the openlayers.layer.marker to implement, but in ie the markers make the map so slow when zooming.
Then I move to  openlayers.layer.vector, but it's even slower than marker.
Any suggestion in such "Adding large and dynamically changed markers"  situation?

hi, render in serverside(may be wms) can improve the performance much, but how to make markers dynamically change color? Any solution?