[OpenLayers-Users] Customizing Pop-up Text on EditingToolbar shape

Robert Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Wed Dec 2 17:44:37 EST 2009

Hello,
I would like to be able to put a custom text (a data entry form) on the
pop-up of a point or polygon added using the editingToolbar.  My vision is
that I would either:

- add a point/polygon using the editingToolbar, and trigger the pop-up to
come up automatically (on mouse release), this popup would have an HTML form
for adding data relevant to the new point/polygon
- Or, open the same HTML form in a div outside of the map (not in the
pop-up), still triggered by the mouse release

Honestly, though, I am a cookbook hack OL programmer, just cutting and
pasting from the example pages, and I can't for the life of me figure out
how to tell the editingToolbar what the pop-up text should be when a shape
is created, nor do I really have any clue as to how the even listeners are
passed in and inherited.  I have a lot to learn but have not succeeded
reviewing the Wiki.

Any help (examples, or pointers to relevant docs) would be awesome,
r.b.