[OpenLayers-Users] rendering WFS and vectors based on zoom levels

Lammie Jonson jrubiando at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:32:35 EST 2009

 I figured out how to render WFS from my website using a proxy. The browser
will send a request like this
to the server:
  Parameters: {"url"=>"
http://mysite.com?typename=topp%3Astates&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-570.9375,-457.646484375,819.84375,380.478515625
"}

 Suppose I only want the content rendered through WFS to only be visible at
lower zoom levels, is there a way to indicate this in openlayers in the
constructor for the WFS layer ?

 I would like to also be able to do that for any other vector data as well.
I could do this in a variety of ways using session data through a cookie or
by somehow checking the map zoom level whenever the map moves. In the case
of WFS, maybe I could somehow figure out the zoom level from the bounding
box, but if there is a more transparent way to do that I would like to do it
that way or whatever is the preferred cleaner approach, etc.