[OpenLayers-Users] Overridden Cookie Problem

maimaj maimaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:05:59 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using OL 2.8 with Geoserver 2.0. However, I do not send requests
directly to Geoserver due to some security reasons. Instead, OL sends
requests to a servlet dispatcher which dispatches the request to Geoserver
after some security checking.

Using the HttpDebugger, I found that OL uses a cookie different from
document.cookie while sending requests. So when I copy the request string in
the address bar, my servlet dispatcher works fine. When OL sends requests,
the dispatcher cannot recognize that the request is sent by the same user;
thus throws exception.

Is there any way to force OL to use document.cookie for sending
HttpXMLRequests?

Thanks in advance,
Majid