[OpenLayers-Users] Duplicated Google Maps copyright controls

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sun Dec 27 06:02:51 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Alexandre Saunier
<alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com> wrote:
> Hey Eric,
> thanks for replying!
>
> Yes I use OL trunk and so does the example that illustrates the problem:
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/spherical-mercator.html
>
> I now realize that my previous mail subject was confusing. The Google
> Maps "attribution" control is not duplicated because of two layers
> displayed at the same time. The problem is rather that the GM
> "attribution" link/text of the previously selected base layer is still
> displayed (in some cases) even when another base layer has been
> selected in the meantime.
>
> In the case study provided in my first message, you can see that two
> GM "attributions" are stacked when switching from "Google streets" to
> "Google Satellite" or "Google Hybrid" for the first time. It also
> occurs when switching to some other base layer like VE or OSM. In fact
> it seems that the first GM base layer attribution control is not
> cleared (deactivated?) when the base layer changes.

Hi Alexandre.

Your initial post was clear, I'd just misread it. I think you found a
bug. The problem is, I think, unrelated to Control.Attribution, as the
"terms of use" and "powered by" links/logos are handled in a specific
way for Google layers. So I guess you create a ticket; if you attach a
patch I'll review it.

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine