[OpenLayers-Users] Browsing KML/Marker layer

ppafin ppafin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:13:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I've been experimenting a lot with openlayers and I am able to produce
markers and loading KML file with OpenLayers.Layer.GML() on map.

But now I am stuck with a problem, that I cannot figure out how to
handle that loaded data on map.

1. I would like to have small application which loads KML file, displays
it on map and offers controls on web page to cycle entries on that KML
map. (I can select KML point and have a pop up from that, but it's not
what I need).

2. Question is; how do I fire event to trigger centering and selecting
item on loaded KML layer ?

(So far I have found out that I have 510 points in my KML file with
this: kml_layer.events.register('loadend', this, function() {
alert("Points:"+kml_layer.features.length); }); )

Any ideas?