[OpenLayers-Users] Can we communicate with SOAP web services via OpenLayers

Lasith Chandrasekara lasithc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:23:16 EST 2009

Hi Christopher ,

Thanks for the quick reply B-)

Yes I meant UMN Map Server.
hmm it seems not to be a easy task :-((
I am doing this for my university project so I have bit of time to spend for
researches as well.

<<

When you say 'mapserver', do you mean "MapServer"? Wrapping that up in
SOAP and using that from Javascript sems like a terrible way to go...

Here what should be the most hard thing?
Wrapping MapServer functionalities with SOAP or communicating with SOAP web
services with JavaScripts?

Thanks again,
- Lasith.