[OpenLayers-Users] Hyperlinked Features

palewire ben.welsh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:51:27 EST 2009

I just downloaded the trunk and took a look at SelectFeature.js. Clearly I
misunderstood how it's supposed to work. It looks like there is a strict
either/or enforced that doesn't anticipate my -- perhaps crazy -- desire to
allow for both hovering and clicking action.

Would it be possible to either modify the trunk -- or pass in some
modifications to the callback options -- that would allow both hovering and
clicking. I'm imagine an initialize function that looks something mor e
like:

initialize: function(layer, options):

        if (this.hover) {
            callbacks.over = this.overFeature;
            callbacks.out = this.outFeature;
            callbacks.click = this.hoverClickFeature;
        }

And then defined it below as:

    hoverClickFeature: function(feature) {
        if(this.hover) {
            this.onHoverClick(feature);
        }
    },

And, theoretically, my map select code could change to:

var select = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(feature_vector, {
        hover: true,
        onSelect: show_feature,
        onUnselect: hide_feature,
        onHoverClick: click_feature
});

How many stupid decisions have I made here? I'm guessing many. Just an idea.