[OpenLayers-Users] Hyperlinked Features

palewire ben.welsh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:18:24 EST 2009

I gave this a try and it worked great in FF, but, again, crashed in IE6. What
happens is that it throws a "Failed" error as you jump from the first page
to the next. Again, working the first time, but screwing up the page if you
hit the back button and return or otherwise reload it.

I ran the routine while in Visual Web Developers JavaScript debugging mode
-- and it seems the exception happens in a destroy geometry function that is
passed in my selected feature for some reason.

Not knowing anything about how OL properly closes when it leaves a page, I'm
not sure exactly what's up, but I wonder if there might be a tidy way to
prevent this type of error. Can anyone clue me in?