[OpenLayers-Users] Hyperlinked Features

palewire ben.welsh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:33:41 EST 2009

I'm finding some success by adding the destroy() command like so.

function click_feature(feature) {
        var selectedFeature = feature;
        var url = '/feature/' + selectedFeature.data.slug;
        index_map.destroy();
        window.location.href = url;
        return false;
}

But I honestly do not understand why. That nukes the map before jumping
pages, which seems to avoid some error. But it's a total hack, and I am
struggling to understand why things like the back button and opening new
windows are affecting my map behavior, but they seem to be.