[OpenLayers-Users] Feature selection

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Feb 3 20:00:26 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 01:00:10AM +0000, Dave Potts wrote:
> Is it possible to have to vectore features active at the same time and
> be able to select on both at the same time?
>
> I have a map loaded with a map base layer and two vector feature layers.
>
> If I install a different callback function on both layers only the last
> declared one seem to work? ie its only possible to select from one layer

"As of OpenLayers 2.7, there is no support for selecting features from
more than a single vector layer at a time. The layer which is currently
being used for selection is the last one on which the .activate() method
of the attached select feature control was called." --
http://docs.openlayers.org/library/overlays

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta