[OpenLayers-Users] How can I show a picture a popup (URL for the pic should be read automatically from the attributes)

Max Stephan x.zam at gmx.net
Thu Feb 5 05:11:44 EST 2009

Hey,

I was successfull getting it to work via GML. It now looks like this:

			function setHTML(response){

				var gmlparser = new OpenLayers.Format.GML();
				var features = gmlparser.read(response.responseText);
				var url;
				var postart;
				var postamt;

				for(var feat in features) {
				url = features[feat].attributes.url;
				postart = features[feat].attributes.postart;
				postamt = features[feat].attributes.postamt;
				}

In the lines that follow I´m defining the output but that´s just basic
stuff. OK, now that I achieved this, there´s another question:
I´m going to query multiple layers that have different attributes. That
means I have to read from the GML which layer contains the current feature
to know which further reading-operations have to be done. One easy method
would be to add an attribute "type" to each layer which is read via
"features[feat].attributes.type" and to check this attribute with "if...
else". But it´ll be nicer if I could read the layer-Name directly. I found
the layerName-function in the API-Documentation of OpenLayers but the var
which should have contained the layerName always staid "undefined" (I tried
"features[feat].layerName" and "response.layerName").

Thx in advance and greets
Max Stephan