[OpenLayers-Users] Performance of own (vector) data in Open Layers

Mika Lehtonen mika at digikartta.net
Thu Feb 5 08:42:28 EST 2009

Hi Kai,

in that case, I could recommend you to setup a Geoserver and serve your
data through WMS , especially if the data amount is "vast" and quite
static. Of course this is just a one idea and may be a little overkill
depending on your data and demand. Maybe you could simply just use
vector layer and create a little script on server side which will fetch
the data from database and sends it into OpenLayers.

Perhaps, we will come up with more concrete ideas after you have also
brougth about something more concrete.

Happy testing,
- mika -