[OpenLayers-Users] loadURL returns a pdf

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Feb 6 09:00:27 EST 2009

I did not find a way to do this with AJAX. So if you find one, I'd be
interested :-) but my search back then indicated this is not possible.

So I ended up doing the following:

1) my script sends the url to the pdf
2) I set the url as the action of a form and submit the form
3) the download dialog starts

I also had to have a static form in my HTML page instead of inserting it
with javascript, since otherwise IE would end up opening a new window.

Best regards,
Bart