[OpenLayers-Users] Problem alternating google bases with my own wms bases

Alessio Di Lorenzo alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:48:59 EST 2009

Hi List,

I have a map that uses Google layers as default base layers and I defined
some options to avoid zooming too close or too far on the map

options = {
		controls:[],
		maxExtent: bounds,
		restrictedExtent: restrBounds,
		maxResolution: "156543.0339",
		numZoomLevels:9,
		minZoomLevel:6,
		maxZoomLevel:15,
		projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
        displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
        units:"meters"
	}

I need to make available another base layer from my wms (cached with
TileCache) and/or with an empty layer.

I noticed that when I use my wms or the empty map as base layer I can't zoom
in my overlays at the same level that I can reach with one of the Google
base and the same overlay... the zooming level appears "locked".
This problem disappear if I comment the numZoomLevels and maxZoomLevels
parameter... but I need them.

Is there a way to fix this?
thx in advance, alessio