[OpenLayers-Users] Changing OL interface

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Feb 9 07:32:25 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:22:59AM -0800, geotribu wrote:

> I've made something like that in a tutorial. You will find some custom styles
> for OpenLayers.Control.PanZoom
>
> http://geotribu.net/node/78 Custom PanZoom
>
> Is the 3.0 OpenLayers library more customizable ? And less hard coded for
> the style?

 1. There is no OpenLayers 3.0. There are vague plans for 3.0, but
    nothing is set in stone. This is one of the plans for OpenLayers
    3.0.
 2. This type of work doesn't need to wait for OpenLayers 3.0. The
    PanPanel and ZoomPanel are entirely customizable via CSS, based on
    Control.Panel objects, and have been in OpenLayers since 2.6. they
    would allow you to achieve the exact same effect without touching
    any OpenLayers code by including your own custom stylesheet.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta