[OpenLayers-Users] Changing OL interface

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 12:27:15 EST 2009

Dear Christopher,

Could you please give me an example on how to custom it only with css.

Thanks

Arnaud

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:22:59AM -0800, geotribu wrote:
> >
> > I've made something like that in a tutorial. You will find some custom
> styles
> > for OpenLayers.Control.PanZoom
> >
> > http://geotribu.net/node/78 Custom PanZoom
> >
> > Is the 3.0 OpenLayers library more customizable ? And less hard coded for
> > the style?
>
>  1. There is no OpenLayers 3.0. There are vague plans for 3.0, but
>    nothing is set in stone. This is one of the plans for OpenLayers
>    3.0.
>  2. This type of work doesn't need to wait for OpenLayers 3.0. The
>    PanPanel and ZoomPanel are entirely customizable via CSS, based on
>    Control.Panel objects, and have been in OpenLayers since 2.6. they
>    would allow you to achieve the exact same effect without touching
>    any OpenLayers code by including your own custom stylesheet.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta

Van De Casteele Arnaud
72 Rue de la colline des camélias 97400 Saint-Denis
0262 30 67 79 - 0692 23 73 17
SIG - WebMapping - GPS embarqué
Site internet : http://geotribu.net/