[OpenLayers-Users] IE 6 chokes on "var featureId = node._featureId; " in getFeatureIdFromEvent(). What's up with that?

palewire ben.welsh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:12:03 EST 2009

Chris --

Thanks for your continued help as I cast about wildly.

That does not appear to be the problem. What seems to be happening is that
as soon as I introduce the map object to my site template there is an
IE-only error that occurs when the polygon is selected for editing. Right as
it's clicked. If I remove the base template from the equation, it seems to
be working fine, so I'm guessing the problem is a conflict in there.

Are there any other precautions I can take besides making sure that all of
the javascript variables and functions have distinct names?