[OpenLayers-Users] LayerSwitcher and DragFeature patched for ticket #1666?

dalsinao dalsinao at yahoo.es
Wed Feb 11 04:17:16 EST 2009

Hi users and any developer around,

I downloaded and applied the patch singleroot.4.patch attached to this
ticket #1666.
It works fine using SelectFeature control, but then the LayerSwitcher
control doesn't. When you switch off any of the WFS layers in the switcher
control the features don't disappear from the map; they remain on the same
location on the map viewport, even if you zoom or pan.
In any case, I have seen the following comment in the change history for
ticket #1666:
     "- a new "sublayer" switch has to be added to the OL layerswitch
control"

So I guess this sublayer switch is what I'm missing.

So my questions are:
- Does anybody knows if/when this LayerSwitcher is going to be patched? And
if it's not going to happen soon, can anybody give me a hint on where to
look at to do it myself?

- Sooner more than later I'll have to use the DragFeature (or ModifyFeature)
control; I guess they'll have to be patched as well to work correctly with
this "one single, mother of all vector layers". Again, any idea of when/if
it's going to happen?

- Finally, I understand that all this is should be ready for 2.8, correct?
Any idea of around when is it expected to release this version?

Thanks in advance for any help!
David