[OpenLayers-Users] LayerSwitcher and DragFeature patched for ticket #1666?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Feb 11 06:50:03 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 01:17:16AM -0800, dalsinao wrote:

> Hi users and any developer around,
>
> I downloaded and applied the patch singleroot.4.patch attached to this
> ticket #1666.
> It works fine using SelectFeature control, but then the LayerSwitcher
> control doesn't. When you switch off any of the WFS layers in the switcher
> control the features don't disappear from the map; they remain on the same
> location on the map viewport, even if you zoom or pan.

What browser? I don't get this behavior on

  http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/ahocevar/singleroot/openlayers/examples/select-feature-multilayer.html

> - Sooner more than later I'll have to use the DragFeature (or ModifyFeature)
> control; I guess they'll have to be patched as well to work correctly with
> this "one single, mother of all vector layers". Again, any idea of when/if
> it's going to happen?

Whenever you sit down and do the work, or someone else feels
sufficiently motivated to do the same.

> - Finally, I understand that all this is should be ready for 2.8, correct?
> Any idea of around when is it expected to release this version?

Probably not. I'm hoping that the SelectFeature changes make it into
2.8, but I doubt that drag/modify feature stuff will make it in as well
without effort that hasn't yet been offered.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta