[OpenLayers-Users] Drawing a circle/callbacks/zoom in scale factors

David Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 05:46:03 EST 2009

Hi List,

I known this question been asked before, but how do you draw a circle
using a google map background?

My first attempt uses a vector feature with a style object, draws the
circle looks great.

Then I tried a zoom in/zoom out, code draws a circle, looks great, but its
not scaled ie its the same size what ever zoom that you do. So I assume
there must be callback function thas invoked when a map is scaled.

Q. Whats the name of the callback function interface?
Q. When you zoom in on google map, whats the scale factor?
Q. Is using a vector feature and a style object the best way to go?
should I be thinking about using the DRAWFeature instead interface
instead?

Dave.

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the
Pinan Software