[OpenLayers-Users] drag markers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Feb 11 07:52:55 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:31:09PM +1100, Brad Spencer wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I assume from this that you guys do not wish to support marker moving? Any
> particular reason?

I don't speak for 'you guys', but I speak for myself as the author of
the dragmarker code.

Anything that keeps people on markers is a bad thing. Vectors are the
way to go, and I do everything I can to get people off of markers and
onto vectors. This is just one example where the vector code already
does something, and implementing and supporting another set of code that
does essentially the same thing is not realistic.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta