[OpenLayers-Users] General Question to understand OL-code more "from the base on"

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Wed Feb 18 09:19:11 EST 2009

Dear list,

I have got a question to understand better OpenLayers-code.

Let`s take  "getFeatureInfo.html" (of the examples)

For example it`s written:

 OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML);
    function setHTML(response) {
        OpenLayers.Util.getElement('nodeList').innerHTML = response.responseText;
    }

it works well, but to understand that code "more from the base on"  I tried to use the Developer Documentation.

The loadURL-function is well explained, but if  look for the "response"-Value in the function "setHTML"
I don`t seem to find the right thing.

I mean: Where/How can I find out that the parameter "response.responseText" exists (and what it exactly means)?

Might it be that some parameters are not documented or have I overseen anything?

Thank you very much, Kai
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a