[OpenLayers-Users] Where Do I Find A List of Available Hashtable Options?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Jan 2 14:50:19 EST 2009

Problem solved! This works:
            var baseLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "USA",
               "http://206.168.217.244/cgi-bin/mapserv?",
               {
                  'map_imagetype': 'PNG',
                  layer: 'states',
                  "map.layer[states].class[0].style[0]": "COLOR 255 255 0",
                  map: '/var/www/html/piper/usa.map'
               }, {
                  singleTile: true
               });

The trick to overriding MapServer map file directives is to format them
as specified in
http://mapserver.osgeo.org/cgi/controls.html#changing-map-file-parameters-via-a-form-or-a-url,
putting the directive hierarchy in the key and the final parameter and
its value in the value. Also use spaces instead of the '+' characters.

Thanks again!
- Bill Thoen