[OpenLayers-Users] ActiveXObject is not defined and FireBug on Linux

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 5 07:02:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:53:54AM +0000, Dave Potts wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I am trying to debug a javascript problem, so I have firebug enabled,
> but my openlayers application keeps on scraming about "ActiveXObject is
> not defined".
>
> You can ignore this problem by just clicking on the blue next button,
> but I would like to get to the bottom of this problem.

"Blue next button"? I have never seen a blue next button in Firefox. You
didn't actually mention what browser you're in, but Im assuming Firefox?

Anyway, all I can say is that this is not a problem in FF2(/Iceweasel)
On Debian Etch, FF3 on Ubuntu, or any other browser I've tried. I would
suggest perhaps turning off all browser extensions, because this doesn't
seem like an OpenLayers problem...

> Having tried to access the www.openlayers.org site, its coming up with
> the same problem, so its not just my application.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> I working with openlayers 2.7 on a Linux box.
>
> What is werid is that I have always through that ActiveXObject  would be
> a windoz problem.
>
> Dave.

> begin:vcard
> fn:David Potts