[OpenLayers-Users] MapGuide overlay session ID requirements

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Jan 17 06:53:32 EST 2009

As Zac notes, it depends on what you want.
If you want to use MapGuide tiles, turn layers on/off, use
selection, etc. you should use the MapGuide variant.

The MapGuide variant is also usable, without exposing the individual
layers as WMS, so a map setup is easier to make and maintain.

The synchronous call is not made with WMS.
A fix is done for MapGuide to remove this requirement, which
means that MapGuide 2.1 won't have this problem.

I have used the MapGuide layer in OL for quite some time,
and I have never had trouble with the call.

Regard,. Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S