[OpenLayers-Users] Hover control sample (share)

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 08:53:28 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Alexandre Dube <adube at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,

Hi Alexandre,

>  I don't think we should use a renderIntent value.  The main idea of the
> Highlight feature is to change the style of a feature only when the mouse is
> hover it and only that.

I meant that when the feature is clicked or hovered it is redrawn
using the render intent configured in the control:

layer.drawFeature(feature, this.renderIntent);

> If we change the renderIntent of a feature, when
> the mouse is no longer hover it, to what renderIntent we set it ?  If it was
> "select", how do we know ?  We would need to keep track of the previous
> renderIntent on hover.

I'm suggesting to change the feature's render intent.

>  Also, I don't see the point of "highlighting" a feature on click.  The same
> idea goes for the fact that I don't see the point of selecting a feature on
> hover having HighlightFeature I can use.  When you select a feature, you
> want to interact with it : modify, delete, display a popup that stays on
> screen while the feature is selected, etc.  When hover, you it's only
> temporary.

With the select feature control one can choose whether to use "hover"
or "click". Why not applying this to the highlight feature control?

Eric