[OpenLayers-Users] Hover control sample (share)

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 19 08:34:40 EST 2009

Hi Eric,

  I don't think we should use a renderIntent value.  The main idea of
the Highlight feature is to change the style of a feature only when the
mouse is hover it and only that.  If we change the renderIntent of a
feature, when the mouse is no longer hover it, to what renderIntent we
set it ?  If it was "select", how do we know ?  We would need to keep
track of the previous renderIntent on hover.

  Also, I don't see the point of "highlighting" a feature on click.  The
same idea goes for the fact that I don't see the point of selecting a
feature on hover having HighlightFeature I can use.  When you select a
feature, you want to interact with it : modify, delete, display a popup
that stays on screen while the feature is selected, etc.  When hover,
you it's only temporary.

  We should not remove the hover option for selecting features, but
having the aboves ideas in mind I would not use a renderIntent.  What do
you think ?

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé