[OpenLayers-Users] wrong PX-Coordinates in IE as result of getMousePosition?

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 05:03:21 EST 2009

Hi list,

I experienced differences in the returned values from getMousePosition
in IE 6 compaired to FF 3. I am not 100% sure but it might be related to
this bug:
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1268

My setup is as follows: a map without border, margin or text-align
specified (but with regular changes in width). The x and y coordinates
gathered by the trigger function below seem wrong in IE:

/**
 *  Feature Info
 */
OpenLayers.Control.FeatureInfoClick = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Control, {
    defaultHandlerOptions: {
        'single': true,
        'double': false,
        'pixelTolerance': 3,
        'stopSingle': false,
        'stopDouble': false
    },

    initialize: function(options)
    {
        this.handlerOptions = OpenLayers.Util.extend( {}, this.defaultHandlerOptions );
        OpenLayers.Control.prototype.initialize.apply( this, arguments );
        this.handler = new OpenLayers.Handler.Click( this, {
            'click': this.trigger
        }, this.handlerOptions );
    },

    trigger: function(e)
    {
             // humpty is a WMS layer
             var url =  humpty.getFullRequestString({
                 REQUEST: "GetFeatureInfo",
                 EXCEPTIONS: "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
                 BBOX: humpty.map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
                 X: e.xy.x,
                 Y: e.xy.y,
                 INFO_FORMAT: 'text/html',
                 QUERY_LAYERS: humpty.params.LAYERS + "," + dumpty.params.LAYERS,
                 WIDTH: humpty.map.size.w,
                 HEIGHT: humpty.map.size.h});
            OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML);
    }
});

Can anyone confirm my observed error is due to
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1268?
Is there another (better) way of doing the above?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

()