[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with pop-up rendering and layer overlay in Openlayers 2.7

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Tue Jan 27 07:25:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I've upgraded to Openlayers 2.7 recently. I have a problem with showing
the pop-up with point layers.

I am using Google Physical as base map and when i render a point layer(
features drawn using OpenLayers) overlaid on the base map, the z-index
of the layer div ("OpenLayers.Layer.Vector_some_number") sometimes goes
upto 1206 (the maximum I've observed till now).
Where as, the z-index of the pop up is 751 (OpenLayers FramedCloud pop up).
So, the features appear on the pop up and i can't access links on the
pop up.

Also, when i have multiple layers overlaid on the map, a few layers
which are not currently the top most layer, have a higher z-index value
and so the features belonging to this layer appears to be active.

 From my observation, the z-index of the "div" is calculated
automatically.Is that correct?If so, what is it based on?

Does anyone know a solution to show the pop up above the layer features?
I didn't face this problem with the previous version of OpenLayers that
i was using.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Subha