[OpenLayers-Users] problems with ArcGIS Server 9.3 and sld Parameter

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Tue Jan 27 09:42:32 EST 2009

Hello list,

Perhaps somebody can help me. I use the ESRI ArcServer 9.3 software. There I have realise a wms. Now I will show this wms with openlayers.

I make it like this:

var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',options1);

            var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Gemeinden","http://servername.ch:8399/arcgis/services/GINES/MapServer/WMSServer?", {layers:"0"},{singleTile: true, ratio:1} );

            map.addLayer(wms);

//          var sld_string=url+"jahr="+jahr+"&indikator="+indikator1+"&klassen="+klassen+"&vis="+vis1;

            var sld_string=http://localhost/GINES_Daten_BE/test.sld;

//          wms.mergeNewParams({ SLD:sld_string });

            map.zoomToMaxExtent();

If I only show the map all works fine. But now I try to use a sld file (see var sld_string and mergeNewParams). It doesn't work. I always get the message: "parser failed"

What can I do to make it work? Can somebody help me?

Thank you a lot for your help.

Greetings Hanno Rahn

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik

ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen

Fachstelle Geoinformatik

Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil

Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592

Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580