[OpenLayers-Users] Example of creating a POI with attributes

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Jun 2 09:05:46 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

Here's an old demo I made demonstrating creation/modification/deletion
of line features (1). The highlight and display popup is done by a
custom "HighlightFeature" control but with OpenLayers 2.8 you can
achieve this with the SelectFeature control instead.

Hope this helps,

Alexandre

(1) http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a public page/example that demonstrates creating a
> point feature and adding text attributes to it? This seems like it would
> be a common use case.
>
> Creating the vector feature is straight forward. It would be nice if
> after you create the point, that you could click it and open a balloon
> with fields that you could fill in and a save|cancel button that would
> save it back to the server.
>
> Maybe this is two operations:
>
> 1) create or drag the marker for editing the location
> 2) click to edit attributes or to delete marker
>
> Mostly unsure on the attributes and the best way to glue all this together.
>
> Suggestions and examples would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>    -Steve

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears