[OpenLayers-Users] Example of creating a POI with attributes

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 2 09:56:56 EDT 2009

I did a EditFeatureAttributes control a few months ago that first did a
WFS DescribeFeatureType query to determine the attributes for a feature
type and then created a form with inputs for each attribute.  It
registered with featureAdded and featureSelected events on the WFS layer
to open and populate the form.  Clicking on a 'save' button then
triggered a Save strategy to do a WFS transaction to the DB.  I seem to
recall that it needed some extra information about attribute types,
primary keys, etc. but it was mostly driven from the DescribeFeatureType

I don't think there is an example online anywhere yet but I could
probably put the code somewhere if you were interested.

Mike Adair