[OpenLayers-Users] mouse events on vector and marker layers?

Wendell Turner wendell at enflight.com
Tue Jun 2 18:17:43 EDT 2009

I would like to get mouse events on multiple kinds of
layers, or more specifically, on some Vector layers and a
Marker layer.  I can get events on Vector layers, or a
Marker layer, but not both.  I'm using svn from a few days
ago.

when I define two Vector layers, and call:
    myselectControl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(
          [ aLayer, bLayer ], ...
it works fine.  However, the markers on the Marker layer
are not mouse sensitive.

if I don't make that call, the markers on the Marker layer
work fine.  The marker layer pop-up is enabled by:
     adot.marker.events.register('mousedown', adot.marker,
        function(evt) {
            var popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud( ...

if I include the marker layer in the SelectFeature call like
this:
    myselectControl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(
          [ aLayer, bLayer, markerLayer ], ...
it results in the firebug error:
   layer.renderer is undefined

Q: how can mouse events be enabled on both Vector and Marker
layers?

Wendell