[OpenLayers-Users] newbie map constructor issue

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:15:41 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I apologize for the probably over-simplistic question but here goes. I'm
trying to load the map into a div class called map, rather than it's own
div. In my CSS it should be .map within the parent div. What ends up
happening is I get the following firebug error

element is null
removeClass()(null, "olMap")openlayers.js (line 252)
removeClass()(null, "olMap")openlayers.js (line 252)
callback()(".map", Object maxResolution=auto)openlayers.js (line 662)
Class()()openlayers.js (line 116)
init()jerbamap.js (line 14)
onload(load )

I'm new to all of this stuff so I'm not sure where the issue is, or even
where to begin to resolve it, but I'm pretty sure it's in the map
constructor. Any suggestions.

here's my map constructor
map = new OpenLayers.Map('.map', options);

and my map is within