[OpenLayers-Users] newbie map constructor issue

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jun 9 11:32:24 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:15:41AM -0400, Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:
> Hello All,
> I apologize for the probably over-simplistic question but here goes. I'm
> trying to load the map into a div class called map, rather than it's own
> div. In my CSS it should be .map within the parent div. What ends up
> happening is I get the following firebug error

"This ain't jQuery."

div {String} Id of an element in your page that will contain the map.
May be omitted if the div option is provided or if you intend to use
render later.

Since your element doens't have an id, you'll need to pass the DOM
element, either as the first arg, or the 'div' option to the map.

-- Chris