[OpenLayers-Users] Google license

Kevin Galligan kgalligan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:02:46 EDT 2009

I have OSM as the base layer, then geoserver is building a transparent
layer on top of that to paint data points.

I was considering having geoserver build the base layer by downloading
the OSM data, but as of today, that seems like overkill.

Also, since we're talking different base layers, I gave a demo and a
guy from Microsoft was there.  He said Virtual Earth's licence is
different than Googles and you can use their map data in a proprietary
app, or you can but only with their startup program (bizspark or
something like that).  Thoughts?