[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer

Barbara Fiederer barbara.fiederer at web.de
Mon Jun 15 07:40:03 EDT 2009

Hi out there,

I am a newbie with OpenLayers, so hope I get this question right!

I already succeeded in creating an Panel with various zoom-Options by using the examples provided.

Now I want to move on by creating a select-Tool using the "WFS GetFeature Example (GeoServer)"- example. But I've got a problem with this function:
var control = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
			protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(layer),
			box: true,
			hover: true,
			multipleKey: "shiftKey",
			toggleKey: "ctrlKey"
		});

Firebug tells me that "OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS is undefined". I look up the documentation (OL 2.7) and there is no Object "OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS". But it is in the "Trunk Developer Library Natural Docs on dev.openlayers.org".

Is there a workaround for OL 2.7 (preferred)?
Or is it save to use these prerelease methods? If so, how can I get the OL 2.8 release?

Thanks for answering.

Barbara Fiederer