[OpenLayers-Users] using base64 encoded data of image

wrap map wrapmap at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:33:53 EDT 2009

Hello all,

i want to use base64 encoded data to display images using openlayers. can
anyone suggest me how it could be done. I tried it as follows:
testmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Image(
                        "Wrap map ondemand",
"image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPAKECAAAAzMzM/////wAAACwAAAAADwAPAAACIISPeQHsrZ5ModrLlN48CXF8m2iQ3YmmKqVlRtW4MLwWA",
olbound,
                         new OpenLayers.Size(2000, 1000),
                         options
                         );
       map.addLayers([testmap]);

I didn't get any error but don't know if i can do it in this way or not.

regards,
Nabin