[OpenLayers-Users] Problems implementing WFS

Hugo hfpmartins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:50:29 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm having troubles to implement a vector layer with WFS protocol. From
firebug i can see that the attributes from the layer are extracted, however
no vector feature is displayed in the map.
DO you have any suggestions??? My code is as follows:

var saveStrategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save();
        var wfs2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(
            "ExplorWFS2",
            {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
                projection: wgs,
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    version: "1.1.0",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                    url: "http://isegi.dyndns.org:8080/geoserver/wfs?",
                    featureNS :  "http://isegi.dyndns.org:8080/sigla",
                    featureType: "explor",
                    geometryName: "the_geom",
                    schema: "
http://isegi.dyndns.org:8080/geoserver/wfs/DescribeFeatureType?version=1.1.0&typename=sigla:explor
",
                    format: new OpenLayers.Format.WFST.v1_1_0({
                        featureType: 'explor',
                        featureNS: "http://isegi.dyndns.org:8080/sigla",
                        featurePrefix: 'sigla',
                        geometryName: 'the_geom'
                    })
                })
            }
        );

I have tried these code with and without the format option.

If i simply use the following code, everything goes perfect and vector
features are displayed in the map:

var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS(
            "ExplorWFS",
            "http://isegi.dyndns.org:8080/geoserver/wfs?",