[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers and F-PROT anti virus software

Dave L dl at geofutures.com
Thu Sep 3 07:11:46 EDT 2009

I've been using openlayers in a webapp for some time.

Today I accessed the webapp and F-PROT (anti-virus software) blocked the
download of openlayers.js claiming it might contain a worm.

I think this is an issue with a recent F-PROT update (and have contacted
F-PROT about this). The version of Openlayers is 2.8 and has been working
since late June 2009 until today.

Has anyone experienced similar problems and do you have any work arounds?
The only solution I have found so far is to turn off the F-PROT anti-virus
software.

I have used AVG anti-virus software to scan openlayers.js and it has not
found any problems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave