[OpenLayers-Users] Problems using custom symbols (graphic-name) on IE8 by adding objects to OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Sep 8 09:12:25 EDT 2009

Philip Bruvoll wrote:
> Thanks you for the answer.
> Is there a OpenLayers.js that contains this patch? (I'm using the
> single file version).

Unfortunately not. The patch has not been reviewed yet.
> I tried http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/OpenLayers.js but the bug is
> still there.
> Also, would I need to apply all the patches at
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1836 or just one of them?

Just the last patch if you are working with trunk
(http://dev.openlayers.org/nightly/OpenLayers.js) - but you would have
to build OpenLayers.js yourself from source. For your convenience, I'll
send you a full with this patch by pm.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Kind regards,
> Philip Bruvoll
>
> > Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:58:56 +0200
> > From: ahocevar at opengeo.org
> > To: pbruvoll at hotmail.com
> > CC: users at openlayers.org
> > Subject: Re: [OpenLayers-Users] Problems using custom symbols
> (graphic-name) on IE8 by adding objects to OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol
> >
> > Philip Bruvoll wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm having some trouble making custom symbols i IE8. I'm following the
> > > example at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/graphic-name.html
> > > If i substitute line 11 (OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol.rectangle = [2,0,
> > > 4,5, 0,5, 2,0];)
> > > with OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol.rectangle = [0.5,0, 10,8, 0,8,
> 0.5,0]; or
> > > OpenLayers.Renderer.symbol.rectangle = [2,0, 4,5, 0,5, 2,0];
> > > the symbol will display correctly in Firefox but not in IE8.
> > > Does anyone know why this happens?
> >
> > You are most likely running into http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1836
> >
> > Apply the latest patch from that ticket, and it should work.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andreas.
> >

> > > Kind regards,
> > > Philip Bruvoll

> > > Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.
> > >
> <http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1>

> > --
> > Andreas Hocevar
> > OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/
> > Expert service straight from the developers.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/