[OpenLayers-Users] Change position and dimension of an geometry on a vector layer

Alex_vG alex_pvg at web.de
Wed Sep 9 10:34:52 EDT 2009

Hi list,

as a newbie i hope that someone can give me a hint:
is there any way to set new bounds for a given geometry (rectangle) on a
vector layer? I want to recalculate the dimensions of a marked area.
My idea was to calculate new bounds, use the bounds.toGeometry function for
creating the new geometry, remove the old feature and add the new calculated
geometry to the layer.
But it seems to me a little strange ...
Is there an easier way?

thank you in advance