[OpenLayers-Users] Marker spread out

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 24 15:37:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:20:20PM +0200, Armin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone has ever thought about a "marker spread out"
> feature ? i.e. there are several markers at the same location and they
> spread out into a circle of distinct marjers when clicking on one of
> them. I know about clustering, but my understanding is that I need to
> zoom in before I can individually select markers, right ?

I've thought about this, but not bothered; instead, when I click on a
cluster, I just cause the popup to display the data for all the included
markers/features that would be displayed if the data wasn't clustered.

The end result is that I don't have the funny GEarth behavior where I
try to slide to click on a 'popped out' feature... and have it pop back
in while my mouse is on its way over.

-- Chris

i>
> cheers,