[OpenLayers-Users] Beyond the LayerSwitcher Limit

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Thu Sep 24 21:18:37 EDT 2009

I've got a situation where I've got more layers to handle than the
LayerSwitcher can display. It's limited by the map window, and I have no
access to the layers below where it gets cut off. The analysts I'm
building this for are only going to be using a few layers at a time, but
they need to be able to display any layer with any layer, up to about
ten or so at a time, so that's why I've loaded all 99 layers at once so
that all of them are available, but maybe there's a better approach?

What do you do in this case? I'd rather not write the Ultimate Layer
Control just now (even if I could my time is getting tight), but are
there any useful techniques to somehow juggle the visibility and
displayInLayerSwitcher Layer properties or tweak the CSS to get around
this limitation?

Any suggestions, anyone?

TIA,
- Bill Thoen