[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayer OSM, how do i rotate a picture? (and a good way to position it)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Apr 13 08:36:03 EDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 14:07 , Atl wrote:

> Thanks for the fast reply and the nice example.
>
> I now manage to get the image displayed and rotated correctly.
> to  be exact the image is placed with:
>
> var myPoint = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(x,y);
> then its rotated with the angle of the OSM map. and opacity is set to 70%
>
> this was all ok until we tested it on android mobile,there the image was
> placed but not rotated. and the opacity of the image was non existing (white
> bg) It was rotated on iphone, chrome, firefox,opera.... any idea of why
> notin android?  (dont they use chrome in android)

Maybe the Android browser does not support SVG? In that case the Canvas renderer is used, which does not support all symbolizer properties.

> I also faced another problem:  the zoom level restriction on OSM, i need one
> ore two more levels. So is there a way to maybe scale the highest zoom tiles
> with x2 and x4??
> any other  solution, hack.. is welcome =)

None that I am aware of. But make sure you have numZoomLevels of your layer set to 20. The default is 16, and then you won't get all available zoom levels of course.

> Is it ok to post  anotherquestion in this thread or should i  create a  new
> for my last question?

Creating a new thread is the preferred way to ask unrelated questions.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Thanks for any reply
> //Atl