[OpenLayers-Users] Rotation of a vector feature

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Tue Jan 5 16:51:20 EST 2010

Hi all,

can anyone point me towards the documentation for the rotation of a
vector feature?

It works fine if I have a vectorlayer with points and a stylemap like

var directionsStyleMap = new OpenLayers.StyleMap(
  {
    "default": new OpenLayers.Style(
      OpenLayers.Util.applyDefaults(
        {
          externalGraphic: "./img/icon.png",
          graphicWidth: 20,
          graphicHeight: 20,
          graphicOpacity: 1,
          rotation: 45
        },
        OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["default"]
      )
    )
  }
);

but I couldn't locate a documentation for the attribute "rotation" of a
vector feature / its style. At least it is missing here:

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Feature/Vector-js.html#OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style

Is it missing there intentionally or is this a non-documented / non-API
feature of the symbolizers? Or even a bug in the docs?

Regards,
Marc