[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.loadURL not working

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Wed Jan 6 09:05:58 EST 2010

This sounds very much like a JavaScript sandbox security problem. JavaScript
(so also OpenLayers), is not allowed to fetch data from a domain other then
where it originated from. So if you get a file with openlayers script from
www.mysite.com and try to do a loadURL in it from www.somewherelse.com it
will not work. IE has a setting to override this security (which in general
is a bad idea), but FF hasn't .

If this is your case, you'll need a proxy server/script (search fro that in
the OpenLayers Docs).

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer