[OpenLayers-Users] Incomplete msGMLOutput causes infinite loop

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Jan 6 16:35:49 EST 2010

Hi All,

I think I hit a bug in Format/WMSGetFeatureInfo.js.  I have a case where
a layer returns an incomplete response like :

<msGMLOutput
         xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
         xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
        <stations_layer>

This raises the following error in Firebug :

node.hasChildNodes is not a function

if (node && node.hasChildNodes()) {\r\nWMSGetFe...reInfo.js (line 187)

Googling around, I have found one mention of a similar truncated
MapServer response [1] but to which there is no solution (at least in
the thread I looked at).  I also found a related openlayers ticket [2],
but for WFS.

I know I need to do something about the faulty layer, but in the
meantime shouldn't there be an exception raised there ?  Pointers
appreciated.

Cheers,

Yves

[1]